Friday, March 27, 2009

My new hobby

I have decided to pick up a new hobby. It came to me as I was driving home with Skyler this evening. to give you a little back story.....



Skyler has been working on plans with his friends for tonight. This started Tuesday night and culminated Wednesday when I told him I had to talk to his friend's mom. I got a phone call at 10:37 PM so I could meet her and make sure she was aware of the plans they were making for her house. Everything checked out and she was involved in the planning so I didn't have any problems with letting him go over. As soon as I got home from work I got a call from Skyler asking me to come pick him up so he could take a shower before he went. On my way over...I received a total of 8 calls from him asking me where I was and how soon I would be there. I decided that since he made me take an extra trip to AF, I was going to have a little fun. (For those of you who know me...I have a little extra lead in my right foot.) I was going to obey every rule of the road...i.e. I was not going to go one mile over the speed limit.



LET THE FUN BEGIN!!

He started freaking out as soon as he realized what was going on. I was messing with him and said that was nothing compared to what was going to happen. He asked what I was talking about...I told him he would know soon enough and if I told him it would not be a surprise. Now I really had his interest. "Tell me PLEASE!!" I let it out that I was going to be joining him at his party with his friends. He was about to lose it by then. He flipped out his phone and begin texting away to his friend to find out if I was telling him the truth or not. I couldn't help myself. By the time we got home, I had him convinced that it was true..I almost had him near tears. He refused to get in the shower because he thought I was going. He finally went downstairs. Sean couldn't believe I had him believing me. I couldn't believe it myself...I usually can't keep a straight face that long--but then again....I was having fun.



ALMOST TOO FAR.

When he came upstairs, in his cloud of Axe, I could tell that he was getting upset. I asked him if he was ready to go because we were going to be late. I was not letting up and he couldn't believe his ears. I told him to go get his shoes...we needed to go. He kicked the gate downstairs and started yelling that he didn't want to go anymore. After he picked up the gate and I got him out to the car. I couldn't keep a straight face anymore. I let it out that I was not going. He almost didn't believe me...but I was laughing too hard.



He went in to finish getting ready. Once we were on our way he starting boasting about how he knew that I was teasing him. He couldn't believe that I would be able to pull one over on him. When we were almost there he wanted to know how long I had been planning to do this to him. Yes, even I could figure out how to pull one off without planning it.



We got there and he almost choked when I really got out of the car. I did go meet the mom after all. But here we come to my new hobby.....taunting teenagers. Everyone needs a 13 year old to keep them young.


(He is available to rent should anyone feel the need.)

1 comment:

Tracie White said...

Hahahahaha! I was completely dreading the teenage years, but you've shown me a bright spot in them. Thanks for the laugh!