I am the first one to admit that I am no domestic godess. I do not make my own bread, the 'grandma sycamore' I buy at the store is much better than what I can do. I do not have fresh cookies in my kitchen at all times, in fact i can count the number of times I have made chocolate chip cookies for Sean on one hand. There are times that after a long day at work, the Wendy's drivethru is ALOT easier than making a meal when I get home. I do try to surprise my husband by making him treats every once in a while (only on the weekends!!). I can make my own pie crust----FROM SCRATCH, and I can make gravy without lumps as well.
I think that sometimes it is easy to compare our weaknesses to other peoples strengths and get down on ourselves. I don't know that there is enough money in the world to pay me to run a marathon, yet there are others that find such joy and freedom running. On the other hand, I can find solace in my sewing room, trying to figure out how to piece a quilt, or which fabrics to use, while someone else would be tortured to within an inch of their life sitting at a sewing machine. We all have diferent gifts and there are some days that I wish I had others, but then the next day I am grateful for the ones I have. With each talent and gift comes the responsibility. To share it and to develop it to the fullest. ---although my laundry may not always be done, nor the weeds in my garden pulled...I am a godess in my own right.
No comments:
Post a Comment