Saturday, December 13, 2008

Just a moment

For those of you that have a few minutes...please turn up your speakers and listen to the poem as it is read to my favorite Christmas song.

This poem reminds me how grateful I am to those individuals that sacrifice their time and at times...their lives for me. I will always remember the horrible pit in my stomach when we sent my brother Kent off to Saudi Arabia. That was 18 years ago and there are so many more men and women that have done the same. Some returning home...and some not---none are ever the same. So to those that have made that sacrifice--I thank you. For those who have sent the one that they love off to war--I thank you as well. and for those like me who have supported someone over there--keep it up.

1 comment:

Natalie Strong said...

I love that poem also. It always brings tears to my eyes.