Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Trials

We all have trials in our life. Sometimes we think that we have our sometimes deserved and more often undeserved share of the trials in the world. This last year has been filled with overwhelming and uncontrollable trails for our family. There came a point that I had to decide what I could control and what I could not. I am not one to give up and claim helplessness easily. It has seemed that more and more that I was having to face the trials that I had not control over. I don't know if I just got used to dealing with what I could, but recently I have had a strange sense of peace. I don't quite know where it has been coming from. Then we got some good news that was a possible resolution to the biggest trial we had been facing. So when I came home from work the other night and one side of my sink was clogged....I was bound and determined to solve this problem. I was too stubborn, and not to mention unwilling, to sacrifice the money to call a plumber. I trotted to K-mart to purchase Liquid Plummer--thinking that this would solve my problem. I patiently waited the 30 minutes for it to 'work' and ran the hot water--just like it said in the directions, AND.......the water level kept rising. It was too late to worry about it so I went to bed. Sean stayed up and tried to get the pipes unhooked, but was not able to get it open...he gave up and went to bed. The next day (after work) I decided that this clog was not going to win....



I was able to get the pipes disconnected and after being doused with a combination of water and liquid plummer (I would not recommend doing that)...my sink works.

I debated posting a picture of the clog (yes, I did take a picture), but I have decided that it could be misinterperted. It was a combination of potato skins and potato. *just a reminder...don't try to put potato skins down through the garbage disposal*

No comments: